BELLARY, JUNE25: St. Philomena’s Girl’s High School, Cantonment, Bellary was upgraded to Composite Pre-University College with the introduction of Arts, Commerce and Science disciplines from the current academic year.
Bishop Henry D’ Souza, Bishop of Bellary blessed and inaugurated the PU block on 25th June.
Recalling the services rendered by the Sisters of the Good Shepherd, from 1885 the bishop lauded the remarkable contribution of St. Philomena’s School in the field of Education by promoting quality education in Bellary district.
He insisted that education should be “transformative – helping students to be change in their personal life, in their respective families and the society”.
Speaking at the occasion the Deputy Director of Pre University (DDPU) Mr. Ram Murthy stated that imparting quality education would improve human resource, ultimately bringing about development in the country.
Principal of the college Sr. Shantha RGS, local college principals and many school headmistresses, school managers and other guests were present on the occasion.